8.19.2009

spaghetti dogs


Isn't this the weirdest thing?
It took me a few minutes of staring to figure out
how the flexible spaghetti got into the firm hotdog
before reading these steps. It's like lunch and crafting rolled into one!

Lunch was LOVED today.
We used nitrate-free hot dogs and thin spaghetti.
Next time I'd use thicker-whole grain spaghetti for a healthier lunch.

Step 1: cut hot dogs into 1" pieces & break spaghetti in 1/2.


Step 2: Carefully thread the spaghetti into and through the hot dog.


Step 3: place in a pot of boiling water and cook according to your specific pasta cook time.

11 comments:

  1. How cool is that? Think I'll try with mine!
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! My three year old would freak out! Thanks for the idea!

    http://foodiefootsteps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cracking up! You are so creative!!!
    My three year old would absolutely love these, andI have such a hard time getting her to eat meat! Genius!

    Alyshia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I showed my daughter and she wants to make these right now. Thanks for the fun food idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool!! You need to blog more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a GREAT way to get children involved in the kitchen. You have great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so funny!!! I can't wait to show Emilee. She will want to do this tonight. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know whats for lunch tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete