3.28.2009

prayer rock

My son came home from church last week with this craft. He has already misplaced the polished rock decorated with cross stickers, so we've been busy making more painted prayer rocks at home. I found sealing with Modge Podge worked well to make an ordinary outdoor rock smooth and polished. We'll place them in a little wooden prayer-rock box on top of his dresser. If you decide to make a one at home with your child, remember to use a Sharpie to write their name and the date on the bottom.
(what a great childhood treasure to keep forever!)

PRAYER ROCK
(Author Unknown)
I'm your little prayer rock and this is what I'll do.
Just put me on your pillow 'til the day is through.
Then turn back the covers and climb into your bed,and, whack!
your little prayer rock will bump you on the head.
Then you will remember as the day is through,
to kneel and say your prayers as you intended to.
Then when you are finished dump me on the floor.
I'll stay there through the night time to give you help once more.
When you get up next morning,clunk!
I stub your toe,
so that you will remember your prayers before you go.
Put me back upon your pillow when your bed is made,
and your clever little prayer rock will continue in your aid.
Because your Heavenly Father
cares and loves you so,
He wants you to remember
to talk to Him, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment